This is not a BITBUCKET or JIRA administrator level request - this is for an AVERAGE user.
What i describe here is what I saw at a previous employer- they used this method to join various GROUPs - Access to things could be granted via specific user NAME or By way of GROUP name. The GROUP name also served as a mailing list name. It was VERY helpful and VERY useful.
======
I want three things - this is for JIRA and BITBUCKET and CONFLUENCE
As a *NON*ADMIN* user - I should be able to - and need this feature:
REQUEST (A) you have today a LIST OF PEOPLE - with mug shots.
What is MISSING and I want you to add is a list of GROUPS the person belongs to.
When displaying the list of groups -
OPTION 1 - show them in TWO lists: (Group 1) groups that we SHARE in common (I belong and they belong) and (Group 2) list of groups that they belong to, and I do not belong to.
OR - OPTION 2 - Lists the groups in multiple columns - IF that person AND myself BOTH belong to the same group THEN show the group name in BOLD, ELSE show the group name in NORMAL text.
I should be able to CLICK on any group and see the details of the group.
REQUEST (B) What is MISSING is a means to LIST OF GROUPS with descriptions.
(This should be right below or next to the VIEW PEOPLE item)
This can be shown in two ways:
OPTION 1 - As two separate lists - (group 1) the list of groups that I belong to, and (group 2) the list of groups that I do not belong to.
OR OPTION 2 - If i am a member of that group THEN display the name in BOLD, ELSE show the group name in NORMAL.
REQUEST (C) When displaying a group (something you do not have)
Minimally - List the *OWNER* of the group and contact information for that person.
BETTER - It would be great if groups could be self administering.
1) A CLICK button LEAVE a group,
2) A CLICK button to JOIN a group - Some groups might be "automatic-approval"
3) A CLICK button to REQUEST (from the owner) to JOIN the group.