I have an Agility project, and I want all bug issue types in it to be automatically assigned to a particular user when they are created (especially via email ingestion). How do I do this?
Hi @Jenya Farris
Everything is here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-assign-an-issue-to-a-user-based-on-issue-type-704413717.html
Thank you. I had seen it, but was hoping there was a simpler solution than building workflows (like setting a project lead, which isn't available in Agility)
@Mohamed Benziane I have set up a workflow, but I can't seem to associate it with my project. When I go to Issue Type Schemes, and click Associate (per https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/working-with-workflows-776636540.html) I get the error: No projects available to be associated with scheme: My New Scheme
I assume it's because my projects are Agility Projects... any advice?
TIA!
As admin go to the administration panel.
After editing you workflow you, create a new workflow scheme, add to it your new workflow and click on assign in the action column to choose which issuetype the workflow will be available.
Go to your project>project settings and associate your new workflow scheme to your project.
Let me know if you need further information
Regards
Hi @Jenya Farris @Mohamed Benziane,
I'm a Product Manager on the Jira Cloud team, working on rules in Agility projects.
@Jenya Farris - you're totally right! You're having trouble associating any schemes to these projects because they are agility projects. Agility projects are independent projects, so they don't share their configuration with any other project.
This doc outlines how to add rules to your agility board, and this doc goes into more detail about each available rule.
Rules aren't issue-type specific yet, so you can't add the Assign an issue to someone rule to a status and have it only apply to the Bug issue type. The rule will apply to all issue types that get moved into the status.
In the future, you'll be able to add rules for each issue type! I'll keep you posted when the team starts working on this.
For now, you can add a column that you only use for the Bug issue type, and add the Assign an issue to someone rule to that column.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any other questions or feedback about rules!
Jillian
Hey, I am struggling with adding a rule to my created next-gen Kanban board. I don't have this option visible: click the more icon (•••) > Manage rules. Am I missing something? or doesn't it work for Kanban board?
Hi Sandra!
It sounds like you don't have the Administrator role on this project (only Administrators will see the option to manage rules).
You can ask whoever created your project to go to Project Settings > People > change your role to Administrator.
Let me know if this doesn't do the trick!
Thanks,
thanks for the reply, I ended up creating. anew board and it was there then, have no idea what was causing it but got it now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.