I have begun scheduling releases, and have had trouble setting the start and end date.
It is not a timezone issue, and today I realised it was setting the start of the release to be equal to the earliest start date for a story which has been marked as part of the release. Similarly, the end date does not extend past the furthest end date, for our set of stories.
I am curious, why does the release not respect the har constraints of the start and end time I supplied?
Is there any way to prevent the release from absorbing these dates from the stories? It seems strange that I cannot have a story I started 6 weeks ago, then out on hold, and now made part of a new release, without it affecting the date range of the release.
If I simply bulk update every story i the sprint to have the start of the sprint as the start date, will I affect other reporting?
Is there any real need for start and end date on stories if you are using points? Can I remove these fields from being active?