There's no "View on Board" link from the new Jira issue view, or at least I can't find it or figure out how to configure it.
Hi Walter,
The "View on Board" would show up if the issue is a Jira Software project.
Can you clarify:
I am definitely not seeing any View on Board links.
Thanks for the clarification. Can you please go to the board where this issue is present, then go to the Board Settings from the Top Right corner. Here you should then see a tab for Columns. Please provide a screenshot of this. Note that you may want to blur out any information that is sensitive before you upload it here.
I added myself to the feature request, but cannot comment there ("server bug" popup), so will try here.
------
I strongly support it - the old view has the Agile Board which locates the issue the hierarchy.
Or is this function called by another name in the new view?
Richard, PeopleFluent
Seconding this -- @Richard K @Mohamed Riza -- where can I see / watch / follow this request? I just switched to the "new" view and this button is sorely missed
3rding this, I keep checking back to see if the new issue view is usable, but it still is not implemented: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17107.%C2%A0
Without the view on boards link Jira is essentially unusable for me, so I am holding out until this finally added. I have little hope though.
+1 waiting for this feature as well. In the meantime, clicking back to old view and 'view on board' from there.
Please add your vote here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17107
Have you check the board administrators? I had the permission to browse projects, but once I updated the board administrators to myself that fixed my ability to not see the board on the new view.
The new issue view is not usable without the ability to jump to any boards where the issue is represented. I've been using the old view as a result but today I was apparently forced to the new view and now I don't have that critical functionality. When can I expect it on the new view?
@Jira Admin I find it frustrating in the community when we see posts like this for significant functionality that is still missing. this was highlighted first about 4 years ago. This is a deprecation of functionality that existed and I am sure it is a feature that many users are missing... even if they don't spend the time to bang their heads on the proverbial brick wall of the product team's backlog. I hope I am wrong and it is there but buried somewhere ? I probably use this function more than 100 times per day. Can you provide a proper update with a timeline on when we can expect to see this.
Seriously now. The old view is going away in January, thereby reducing this functionality that has been very useful. Please fix this.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.