Hello,
Is there a way I can add categories on my backlog view?
Then the ticket would be separated by category.
Also, can I add tags in different colors?
Cheers,
Gabriela
Hi Gabriela,
you use a kanban or scrum board, these board will show all issue that match your issue.
you see more informations here.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/building-a-backlog-764478061.html
Unsure what you mean by categories, i.e. what exactly are you looking for? You can of course use labels or you can use quick filters.
Hello Jack,
Thank you for your answer. I was using my kanban board and I received the suggestion to create a backlog to store my opened tickets, what was very nice. So I'm using a filter already to show only the tickets that I'm assignee, but I would like to have a visualization of my backlog grouped by categories (I guess the right would be components?) so then I could see all my opened tickets, ordered by priorities and also by grouped by the systems I'm responsible for (I created components for them already).
Another suggestion would be visualizing them in different colors depending on the component. I know I can flag them and they turn yellow, but that is not quite what I need.
you really can't achieve this as you have outlined. Basically it sounds like you would like to see something like this...
Group 1
Group 2
etc.
The backlog is designed to be a singular list and if you use Ranking it allows you to drag and drop to maintain the most important issues at the top for easy selection for the next wave of development.
you might find it useful to see this previous thread on this topic.
Yes, this is exactly what I wanted.
But if it's not possible it's ok, I'll try to group them by epics like the other thread suggests (even if my category is not an epic).
Thank you a lot for your attention and time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.