I have a couple of developers working on some projects/task. They log their hours worked using Time Tracking feature in JIRA.
The challenge I'm having right now is how to know what hrs. I paid them for already and what hrs. I need to pay them for.
For example,
I create an issue/task and assigned to a developer. She logged 15 hrs. over course of a week into the ticket using TIme Tracking. The is issue is marked as DONE since it passed testing and it was deployed/released to production soon after. I then paid developer for 15 hrs. worked for this particular task/issue.
Now, a week later we find out the issue came up again and we re-open the ticket. The developer worked on it for another 5 hrs. I now need to pay her for the extra 5 hrs.
The challenge is that JIRA shows me TOTAL hrs. logged (20 hrs.) which is good. However, I also need to track what hrs. have been paid for (15 hr.) and what hrs have not been paid for (5 hrs.).
Right now, I'm doing all this manual via a spreadsheet, which gets time consuming when I have a couple of developers, and many tasks to track.