How will we be able to set comment visibility in the new Jira issue view?
Old:
New:
Hi @Kendall Smith,
Do you have the setting in place? Try System>General Configuration and set the Comment Visibility property to Groups & Project Roles. For more information click here.
I do, the comment visibility options work fine when I switch back to the old Jira issue view but I don't see any way to restrict visibility with the new comment field.
Hello,
By default you can restrict comments to roles. Are you sure that your user is included to a role in the project, to which this issue belongs?
Yes, I haven't changed any of our configurations and they are working correctly in the old issue view (when I switch back and forth).
I think it's just a problem with the new Jira issue view vs. the old view because the area to assign comment visibility is missing.
I also had it missing. But I did not have any role in the project. In the old view I guess, it is not checked.
You're able to set comment visibility now with the new view after changing the roles on the project?
Is it one of the toolbar options in the comment field or is it somewhere else where the visibility is set?
I have the same issue. With the 'JIRA New issue view' it is not possible to set the correct visibility (yet).
Please also see this other topic. Hopefully with some feedback they will add it soon.
Regards,Robin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.