I am attempting to import issues from a very, very old copy of Redmine (as in not within the supported version range of the dedicated Redmine importer) and have gotten most everything I need to import correctly except for the attachments.
When the importer gets to the attachments, I can see it attempting connections (in the browser status bar) to the server where I have placed the files but each request shows an “An exception occurred dealing with attachment” error on the import results page.
A few points:
- I have the files on a basic web server running Apache.
- I can literally copy the URI from the Jira error page, paste it into a browser, and download the specified file so I know the files are publicly accessible with no authentication required.
- When I look at my web server’s log file, I see the requests from the importer are listed but the HTTP response code is a 301 redirect, which I’m assuming may be what’s breaking the import.
I’ve reviewed the Apache config and it is a largely default configuration (CentOS) and there are no redirects in either the .conf file or .htaccess file. Further, when the aforementioned files are downloaded via a browser, I see the expected 200 response code so there’s no redirect happening in that case.
I realize this is not an Apache support forum, but I’m hoping someone else may have run into this when trying to perform a CSV import. Are there any thoughts on why Apache would see requests from the importer differently than a browser, thus triggering the redirect?