I must be a complete moron.... how do I set WIP limit?
I cannot find the setting ANYWHERE. (
[I am on the cloud version, using a Kanban Board]
Hi Andy,
go to board settings -> Columns and there is a min and max box in every column where you can set the WIP limits.
Hello,
Go to the board settings of your kanban board. Choose the Columns tab and you will see max and min under each column. That is how you set WIP limit.
Thanks @Bastian Stehmann
Thanks @Alexey Matveev
Is there any way to do min-max per assignee?
Thanks!
No, it is not possible out of the box.
Hi all, quite new to Jira, also have the cloud version and I'm afraid I cannot find the path board settings -> Columns you suggest to set WIP limits.
Can I ask you how to get there please?
Thank you!
@Lara Cozzo : sure thing !
Go to the Board Settings
Then Choose Columns
Switch on the desired Column Constraint
Enter the Min and Max for each column as per your need !
Hope this helps 😎🤘
Maybe you already found the workaround, but though I will share what I found. The workaround is to setup swimlanes as the WIP applies to the swimlanes. The lanes should be setup using Assignee. I have not yet tested this myself, as i just found the solution but hope it helps you.
//Beatrice
Hi again,
I just tested this myself. The workaround i suggested myself doesn't seem to work unfortunately. I set the limit to 1 for a column, move one issue assigned to me and then one issues assigned to someone else and that still gives a red frame, which I hope it wouldn't.
The workaround i picked upp from here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-36973
Anyone who has any other idea how to solve this?
Hello!
I have a related but slightly different question. I have successfully adjusted my wip limits on our board but when I try to leverage the Actionable Analytics - Aging work in progress graph view, the WIP limits are completely different.
e.g On my actual jira board my WIP limits are Column A (min 1, max 2), Column B (min 0, max 4), Column C (min 0, max 1) Column D (min 0, max 1).
But on the Actionable analytics view my column wips are "Column A (max 1), Column B (max 1), Column C (max 2) Column D (max 0).
Any suggestions? Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.