Hi,
As in the title, I'm a complete new user to Jira and currently trying to figure out how to use it as a software project management solution for my company. I've listed out a couple of basic starting steps below, please correct me where I might be wrong:
1.Invite users to Jira and assign them into 3 basic groups (admin, trusted and basic). As far as I have tested, all those 3 would have the right to create new projects which is not really what I want it to be. For our company, it's better if the trusted/admin are the only ones that can create projects while basic are just team members that would be assigned to specific projects only and have no other permissions to create projects or adjust project settings or so.
2.Create project and set access right (open, limited, private). One thing I've noticed is that, since we're using scrum only, if I choose the new scrum template, I can set the access right in the project settings but there is no such option if I choose the classic scrum template.
3.Invite people to project: once again, when going with the classic template, when I invite a person to a specific project, the only role I can assign to that person is Administrators while with the new scrum template, I can choose among Administrator, Member or Viewer.
Any help would be so appreciated. Thank you.