When linking to an external link/URL, is it possible to specify a target so that the link will open in a new window or tab. For the use case of linking user to external URL's without taking them away from Confluence.
Spencer,
Are you asking about pages or confluence URL?
victor
Hi there, Spencer.
Officially, this requirement was raised as a Suggestion in the following link:
I encourage you to visit the suggestion page linked above and click the Vote and Watch links near the top right to show support for the feature. By doing this, it will ensure you are proactively informed of progress and updates going forward.
You can also share your feedback by leaving a comment on the ticket as this helps us prioritize & understand the use case of the feature request.
Meanwhile, you can consider the default way to open links on a new tab on browsers in general by referring to the steps below:
Hope this helps to clarify the question that you have here.
Hi Ahmad, I have voted and will follow this feature request. Doesn't look promising as it looks as if the feature request was made 4 years ago and has few votes.
After some digging I did find some other references to advanced link options (to open an external link in a new tab) that could potentially be enabled using an HTML macro. I see that there's a third party plugin available for subscription for the cloud version, But do you know if this can be enabled on the server version?
Hi Victor,
I'm asking about linking to external third party pages, and having those hyper links open in a new browser tab/window. Rather than loading in the same window and taking the user away from confluence.
Spence
Can you please share to me the add-on that you came across for Cloud so I can check if it is also available on Server too? If it is free, I can also proceed to test on my end to see if it is working as we expect. Thanks.
Hi Ahmad, this was the thread I cam across that references the cloud version of an HTML macro.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-do-I-enable-HTML-Macro/qaq-p/319946
and here's the third party plugin linked within that thread, called macro toolbox html
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215202/macro-toolbox-html-tabs-expand?hosting=cloud&tab=overview&_ga=2.268337421.2040695618.1536064662-1187559829.1531921176
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.