Is there a Jira Windows app?
Hi @Salman Sulthan
You can check the Desktop Jira Client.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/7070/jira-client?hosting=server&tab=support
https://www.atlassian.com/blog/archives/desktop_jira_client_take_your_bug_tracking_offline
no,i dont found
Just use the Create Shortcut feature in Chrome and tell it to open as a Window.
Then you can add it to your Start Menu or Task Bar like a normal app (second to the last one)
And it opens like an app:
That's great thank you @Josh Lyon ! I've been using Jira for almost 2 years and been looking for a solution all that time
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the icon shown in the taskbar? Just to help differentiate between Chrome and Jira (It doesnt even have to be the official Jira logo)
Ideally, Chrome gets the site's `favico.ico` and applies it as the shortcut's icon.
I can't get it to work. I can save the shortcut, pin it, and change the icon, but once I close the Jira app is "gone". Clicking on the newly created shortcut opens up a new instance of Chrome. Nothing more...
Any tips?
The Jira (by atlassian) app for Mac has some great benefits over the Chrome website and also some limitations.
The upshot is that an app is faster and better for real time team communications as issues evolve. However, the app has bugs and limitations, so it's FAR from perfect.
Benefits:
* Speed. navigating between issues, checking status, etc is MUCH faster than web. This is a huge deal and I love the app because of this.
* Notifications. You get proper notifications to Mac OS when issue status changes
* Commenting. It's very strong a commenting and it makes every issue feel like a slack channel. Ie. by clicking on an app notification
Limitations:
* Issue editing. Not all the options are there.
* There is a major but (currently) with editing the description of an issue which is a deal breaker
* Work Log. It's not fast to use the worklog if you're entering a lot of data
Hey @Dean Grande , we already made a lot of fixes over issue editing... Check it out
@Carlos Khatchikian so there is NOT a windows app, only for Mac? It's still not clear
Felipe, yes... no windows app for now.
thanks for this link, this desktop client by ALM works is amazing: much faster than the web version + all sorts of handy sort and filter options, + 2way sync!
I hope someone will start maintaining it again (Jira or ALM)
Here is another link to it: https://almworks.com/jiraclient/overview.html
This is one of the reasons we stopped using Jira; It's inconvenient on a PC. When you have to go to a site, login and wait, my team ends up getting sidetracked with another project/ask. We miss things. I'm not sure why they can't build out a desktop app for Windows since they have ios and Android.
Yeah I dont get how they still don't have a windows app considering every other platform has it. I'd assuming windows is a very large part of their consumer base. Really limiting for me to switch the rest of our employees over to using confluence instead of Onenote. They want an app to open, not to go to a bookmark in chrome or to pin a chrome tab to the start bar.
This is a large reason why we're using Notion instead of Confluence.
@Jason Long Looking at doing the same. I have found I spend more time waiting for tasks and drop downs to load in Jira than I do using the product and its native limitations w/o addons are incredibly limiting... And Confluence is even slower. Just need to verify a proper audit trail and release plan in Notion or Coda and we can leave.
If any of you are interested we are building a blazingly fast app for Jira and would love to have you on the journey to help us. Our early users are loving the experience and we'd love your feedback. You can sign up for the waitlist at https://japet.us there's been lots of interest but we will get you in very soon.
for Windows have desktop apphttps://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/jino/9N85757GKG2R
Thanks for the suggestion, @CoinAmp , but this is a paid app that appears to have similar functionality to the Teams plugin. When you want to actually *do* something with a ticket, you still find yourself in the browser, clunking away.
An update has been released this app.And most of the frequently used functionality is there, such as changing the status, working with comments and assigning to another user.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.