Hello,
I've only recently become an administrator for JIRA, so please go lightly! :-)
The company I've joined currently run one week sprints for a SaaS solution. We do aim to release at the end of each sprint, but inevitably things run over and we sometimes don't. I'm trying to get to fortnightly sprints, but right now it's just a week.
My question is can I get release notes out of a sprint, or do I need to have a version associated with it?
If it's the case that I need a version to create release notes (which certainly makes sense), I think the solution is to create a minor version for each sprint and add all the items in the sprint backlog to that minor version, and then merge up into a "proper" version when we do actually release. The only problem with that is administrative, since when an item runs over, I'd need to both move the story/bug/task to the next sprint, and also change its version. Not a big deal, but two things to do instead of one (unless I can automate the process of changing an item's version when it moves sprints?).
If I can get release notes from a sprint and not worry about versions (except for proper releases), could someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance,
Tom