I recently configured Slack Integrations for Jira (Project > Settings > Slack Integration) to post notifications to Slack when an issue transitions to "In Progress", "Done" or "Code Review" (Code Review is a custom Status).
"In Progress" and "Done" notifications get posted in the Slack channel perfectly fine. But transitions to "Code Review" do not. I've checked "Events" and "Notifications Scheme" too; tried adding "All Watchers" to the respective transition event. Didn't work.
Stranger things... When I checked via the "Notification Helper":
- I selected "Jira Cloud for Workplace <jira-workplace-integration@connect.atlassian...>" as the User.
- I chose an issue and "Code Review" transition
- The result came out to be negative, that Jira Cloud does not receive notifications.
- The same results came up even for "Done" or "In Progress" transitions.
- The same results came up when I selected "Slack for Jira <jira-slack-integration@connect...>" as User.
So, I can see that Slack Jira Integration is independent of my notification scheme.
Final Question: what am I missing or what more do I need to do to make such custom transitions shoot out notifications to my Slack channel?
Thanks.