I've been running a small Confluence on my own server for a couple of years. Now I want to switch to cloud, and naturally I need my site backup restored on the new site.
I've tried with both the backup.zip file and the xml.zip file, and both yield the same error:
User should not be null
That's after the import claims to be 100% finished. It just says "User should not be null" below the status bar. And nothing more happens. If I try accessing the site, I'm taking to the empty default site.
Furthermore, I KNOW for a fact that these backup files aren't faulty. I signed up for a free trial of Confluence Cloud using another email address than the one already connected to my Atlassian account. I was able to import the bakup.zip file without problems, and the site is now running perfectly on that site. The same file cannot be resored to the other site.
To further troubleshoot this, I created a backup of the site in the cloud site where it worked, and tried importing THAT backup to the new cloud site. Still the same error. So, the problem seems to be with the new site, since perfectly good site backups simplt cannot be imported to it.
Others seem to have had this problem, possibly only with Jira. The work-around seems to be to replicate users manually, and import every workspace manually. This is not an option. If there's no way to fix this bug, then please help me import the backup on your side.
Please advice and help me fix this. I'll not pay a monthly fee for a non-working site.