One of the main complaints from our team about Jira was that issues didn't have due dates.
Every project type I checked and all their issue types - none of them had a due date enabled by default. Once I realised this I was able to simply add it, but I have to add it to every issue screen, and do it every time a new project is created.
I really want this field to be visible on every screen for every new project created. How can I do this?
Unfortunately, several of our team have already moved on to other project management systems that have a UI by default more orientated to date driven workflows with due dates prominent by default and a flashy easy-to-navigate calendar view to quickly view tasks by their due dates, edit them and/or drag them around the calendar. This seems to be a particular drawback to Jira - you can certainly do it but involves manually adding this field and then using complicated plugins just to get a calendar.
Any suggestions to make this process easier for our users would appreciated.