Hi,
I am using JRJC to fetch issues of a project via the Rest API to perform excel reports. Great java library by the way.
I encounter a very slow response time - less than 1 issue per second. How can I improve this?
My jira client basically
- Execute JQL to retrieve the list of open epics using SearchRestClient
- For each epic, get details using IssueRestClient
- For each epic, get children issues using SearchRestClient
- For each child issue, get details using IssueRestClient
To keep things simple I let the client wait for each query before executing another query :
SearchResult res = searchClient
.searchJql("project=" + project + " and issuetype=Epic")
.get();
Then I get details with issue client :
Issue issue = issueClient.getIssue(epic.getKey()).get();
I need 15 minutes to fetch around 300 issues.
I am surprised because Jira Cloud itself has no problem displaying the project content.
Would my request be faster if I dynamically created a filter? I presume filter are similar to SQL views or index behind the scene.
JRJC version : 2.0.0-m2