I was wondering if when doing a filter in the jira query system you can add ways to filter for issues. for example I have a custom field which is a number (totally random number) that I would like to be able to sort by null or not null but jira only lets me search by the exact figure. Another thing I would like is if we could search by contains. for example if the data was a 10 digit number and we wanted to search by lets say 4 numbers and type those four numbers in and click contains to get all possible results.
THANKS!
jon
Hi Jon,
This article may help you:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/search-syntax-for-text-fields-861257223.html
Actually, while I was thinking of wildcards, the number fields don't support them in JIRA (they only support =, >, <, >= and <= operators). Does this custom field need to be a number, or could it be a string? (CONTAINS (~) works on text fields.)
actually the field is a free text. for example the issue has a field of "EBKG00079437" and my staff would usually search for it by the last 3 or 4 digits. I tried "*437", *437, and 437* but don't get any result. any other ideas?
thanks
Did you try the CONTAINS operator(~)?
Carlos
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.