I have integrated JIRA cloud version with Pega 7.4. Integration was successful but I get this error "Field 'reporter' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown." on creating user stories,bugs etc.
Can someone help with this ?
Whatever Pega is trying to do, it is doing it via "create issue" or "edit issue", and it is using a user account in Jira to do it.
You need to make sure that the account Pega is using has the right permissions in the project (create and/or edit, and "edit reporter" too), and that the reporter field is on the screens. Try creating an issue there manually and see if it's there.
Thanks for the response. It worked
I am also having this problem. I have checked that my custom field is on all screens. I am using the python module (jira-python: https://github.com/pycontribs/jira) so it is not an issue with my JSON query (well - I trust it). I am admin so permissions should not be an issue. I can create the Issue manually (and the field appears there).
Forget admin logins, they just give you admin rights, not project rights.
Look at the user you are using for the connection. If you log in as that user rather than admin, can you see the issue you are trying to update remotely? Can you click edit, and see the field on screen?
If you can, then can you try the example curl commands in the docs for updating an issue with that account - does that work?
I am project admin too! And I'm using that login for the connection. And yes I can edit and see the field on screen. However I get the same error from the curl command. The command works if I do not set that field.
SOLVED: I didn't realise I needed to refer the custom field by it's customField_ID name, rather than the name I gave it!
Thanks for your help though Nic
I am having this same issue as well. I had an admin create an API key. This admin is also an admin of the project as well as the account. The request body looks like this:
{"update": {},"fields": {"summary": "Main order flow broken","issuetype": {"self": "https://BLAHBLAH.net/rest/api/3/issuetype/3","id": "3","description": "A task that needs to be done.","name": "Task","subtask": false,"avatarId": 10318},"project": {"id": "10000"},"reporter": {"id": "ACTUAL_USER_ID"},"displayName": "Admin","active": true,"timeZone": "America/Chicago","locale": "en_US"},"description": {"type": "doc","version": 1,"content": [{"type": "paragraph","content": [{"text": "Order entry fails when selecting supplier.","type": "text"}]}]}}}
I have the post request going to: rest/api/3/issue?
And the error I get back is:
{ "errorMessages": [], "errors": { "reporter": "Field 'reporter' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown." }}
This is an old post, but any resolution? I'm also trying to create the reporter and getting the same error.
Thanks,
Chris
It's the same answers - you need to be using an account that has the permission to set reporter, and the reporter needs to be on the create and/or edit screens.
I got it to work, but apparently you have to pass the Id (Jira guid/identifier) for the user, and you're not able to pass in the user's email address. Not a big deal, but I'll just have to make a call to get the User's ID from their email, parse out the Id and then create the ticket.
I have the same issue when creating from jenkins pipeline.However, the same request works fine when using Postman.What am I doing wrong?
I appreciate your help.
I have the same issue when creating from jenkins pipeline.However, the same request works fine when using Postman.What is going wrong here?
It's the same problem - the user you are using in Jenkins does not have the right to set the reporter.
Please let know if this issue is resolved. i'm facing same issue/error
Thanks in advance
It probably has been resolved, by using the right account, not confusing "admin rights" with "right to edit the issue" and "right to set the reporter" and making sure the reporter is on the edit screen.
Hi, This is an old thread and there are several of them asking the same question. I went through about a dozen of them and none had the solution to the problem for my specific case.
I post here in case my findings help anyone.
The service account I was using to create the issue was set with project role Service Desk Team and the permission scheme allowed the role for modify reporter permission, the reporter field was on both create and edit screens for the issue, field configuration didn't hide the field and so on...
The thing that solved it in my particular case was to toggle on the "Jira Service Management - Agent" flag on admin.atlassian.net / product / users for the service account in question.
Hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.