I'm able to log in fine on Edge. On Chrome I keep getting the error in the screenshot. I've reset my computer and also cleare my cache.
@James CraigClear browser cache and re-start browser properly, ie close browser and try to access login page again. it should work.
I've done both several times. No effect.
.
@James CraigPlease try resolution stated in this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/oops-you-ve-made-a-malformed-request-when-resetting-atlassian-account-password-900816987.html
best!
@Moses ThomasThanks for the assist. Tried that as well.... same issue. I've also submitted a Support ticket with Atlassian... maybe they'll ping in.
@James CraigOK great, please update once issue is resolved.
Hi @James Craig
I had the same issue using Chrome for Ubuntu and I solve it after update Chrome.
Hope this help
Cheers
FABIO
Is this issue still being looked at? I'm currently having the same problem on Chrome (after I cleared all site data). I tried logging in on https://id.atlassian.com/login and through a password reset link. Both failed.
I cleaned my entire browser cache, restarted the browser, even restarted my computer. Nothing works.
The login works fine on Firefox. Haven't tested other browsers.
I have the exact same issue, I cannot access any of my Atlassian accounts on chrome, it is fine on firefox and even on ie. I have cleared cache, cookies, history, even uninstalled and reinstalled chrome with no chance. I really hope someone at Atlassian can sort this soon.
Hi @Marcel Rizzolo
Please, can send me Chrome version (number, build and Operating System, like WIndows, linux and which distro of Linux: Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS, etc).
Thanks
Hi Fabio,
I am using Chrome - Google Chrome is up to date Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Pro x64
Thanks,
Marcel
Any news on this issue? Is there a different way that I can log in to my account (using Chrome) until the problem is fixed? Maybe through copying certain cookies (if that is feasible)? Thanks in advance.
Hi @Thomas Jacobs
This is the result of my test:
- Linux Ubuntu: Chrome version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit). It WORKS
- Windows 7: Chrome version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) . It WORKS
- WIndows 10: work in progress: I have no Windows 10. I'll try using a VM
I am on macOS High SIerra (10.13.6), although it would be strange if this was an OS related issue. If you want, I could send you the URL that gives the "Malformed request" error. I am hesitant to post it here.
Hi @Fabio Genovese: Any updates on this?
I'm having the exact same issue, on a brand new machine. I was able to fix it and here is how and it'll hopefully help Atlassian & Google work out the issue.
How I broke it:
How I fixed it:
@Andrew Cormier
Thanks for your answer. This means login with google account have some issues about cookies and login situation. I wanna try again
The weird part is even deleting all your cookies from all time doesn't resolve the issue. Unless it's related to having multiple computer systems running with multiple instances of chrome open and active. Even though I managed to get myself logged in on the new system yesterday, the issue still persists on my old system, my home system, and a few of my servers.
I have the same problem. Had to log in with Safari just to post this!
I have the same issue not only with Jira. The same happened with AWS.Resetting cache doesn't help. The only one solution you can use is to isolate such sites in the separate "environment" with SessionBox extention for your browser. Looks like this is the Chrome issue and it is possible that it can't be fixed by Atlassian engineers.
Thanks!
Same issue! Nothing helps me. madness
I've just hit this issue and got into a twist. If you are stuck I recommend the following action:
1. Log in via another browser or incognito Chrome window2. Reset your password and 2FA settings
WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE ANY EXISTING 2FA OR RECOVERY DATAIt appears that Bitbucket is somehow different to the rest of their estate, and now I am completely locked out of Bitbucket pending a support request being looked into.
3. Log in. You may find a new log in flow like I did.
When I did this and tried to log into Bitbucket I faced TWO 2FA screens.
I am so confused it's amazing how complicated this situation is.
EDIT
After raising a ticket with Atlassian I was directed here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/two-step-verification-777023203.html#Two-stepverification-Recoverycodes
I was able to request a recovery code, and use that in the 2FA form (the 2nd one...) to access Bitbucket!
ssh git@bitbucket.org recovery_codes
Hope this helps someone.
I faced the same problem. I tried few options suggested in this thread, but with the same result. What bothers me was that incognito mode allows me to access.
HERE'S MY SOLUTION:
Turn off ALL Chrome extensions and log-in again. It works for me!
I hope this info can help someone.
Regards.
I found a simpler workaround for Chrome. When you log in through https://id.atlassian.com/login and get the "OOPS" message, you'll notice that the URI in the address box is a lot longer (lots of session data). Something like:https://id.atlassian.com/login/callback?application=jira&continue=https%3 <-snip->When I removed everything after https://id.atlassian.com/login and refresh the page, I found that I could complete the login authentication
This doesn't require any cache clearing or restarting Chrome. Evidently the server is smart enough to handle the plain login request and create a proper session
It actually helped me to fix that issue. Thanx:)
THIS... this is the final thing that actually worked after unistalling Chrome etc etc.THANKS SO MUCH
Using the basic URL also worked for me after clearing caches etc did not work
This worked for me, thanks a lot
The problem is definitely related with some Chrome extension since clearing the cache and browsing data didn't solve it.
I ran into the same issue. The problem was related to the chrome extension PoperBlocker. Disabling the extension fixed my issue.
I found that I had an extension interfering with the redirect process called 'SkipRedirect' - when I removed it, my login problems disappeared.
(Its purpose is to make the interstitial page disappear on the way in, but apparently that stops something in the atlassian auth flows to fail)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.