You may unmap the New status from any columns in your board settings.
More info:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html#Configuringcolumns-Mappingstatusestocolumns
Hello Pulgar,
But this doesn't help in change of state automatically from New to Open Status(when moving from backlog), though we are keeping New and Open State in the same column on the Scrum board.
I'm not sure if I am understanding what you would like to achieve.
May you reword what you would like to achieve as if I were a child?
The new state is used at the time of creation of issue type(say story) and is added in the backlog. The next step is adding estimates and moving the issues in planned state(open state) of the scrum board. If in scrum board I keep two states (New and Open) under Planned status column and suppose next status column is in progress. The transition will happen from New to in progress and not from Open to In progress.
My requirement is transition from Backlog to scrum board with statuses New to open automatically.
I hope this clarifies the situation...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.