Hello:
What is the best way to go about searching for an empty date field in issues? I've tried "Start Date" is EMPTY as well as "Start Date" = EMPTY but neither work. It still retrieves issues that have dates selected in the field.
Thank you.
@Alen DumonjicStart Date is not a system field i suppose, so if you will add it to the screen in the screen scheme for issue types , it should filter correctly.
Shouldn't it show regardless? It's associated with the correct screen.
@Alen DumonjicNo it will not show if its a custom field and it is not added to screen. I suppose it Is not a system field it should be a custom field , You can try to add Start Date to the screen limit search to a project and try the query and see what happens enter start day in one screen and don't enter the other when creating a ticket in a particular project.
ENTER Search
"Start Date" is EMPTY AND project = "IT"
"Start Date" is not EMPTY AND Project = "IT"
Best!
I tested it with another field, and it worked. Still not sure why it's not working with Start Date.
I know this is old, but I came here looking for the same answer. Mine worked, and the difference I could see was that 'date' in 'Start date' has a lower case 'd'.
"Start date" is EMPTY
project = "Project Vail" AND issuetype != Epic AND labels = VAIL AND labels != Projectmanagement AND labels != Archieve AND "Start Date"= EMPTY or "End Date" = EMPTY
this query not giving error however epic is appearing, anyone face this issue?
AND is evaluated before OR, so the above query likely includes all issues with an empty "End Date." Try wrapping the "End Date" OR with other fields connected to an AND using parentheses.
For example:
project = "Project Vail" AND issuetype != Epic AND labels = VAIL AND labels != Projectmanagement AND labels != Archieve AND ("Start Date"= EMPTY or "End Date" = EMPTY)
For me,
"End Date" = EMPTY
worked, whereas
"End Date" is empty
did not.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.