Hi Support,
I've setup a new project for external users. I want to specify that new users can only see those issues in which they are assigned.
Is there any way to restrict users to view assigned issues only?
Thanks
This is possible using Issue Level Security - find a pretty good documentation on this here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-issue-level-security-938847117.html
I have configured the Issue Level Security, added Security Level field in screen configuration as well but it is appearing empty.
Didn't work.
Basic Configuration Summary
To your question
Looks like somethings missing within your configuration. Are you sure you've configured the needed security levels for your issue security scheme?
1 thing is missing that is the Browse Project Permission.
I've assigned the relevant Group Role within Browse Project Permission, and it works
I was experimenting with this and found that there is no need to use "Issue Level Security" for this, if you only want to allow assignees to view/edit issues they are assigned to.
If you have a Permission Scheme already setup, you can simply add "Current Assignees" to the following permissions:
Additionally, if you expect these assignees to work/edit the tasks, you can also add "Current Assignees" to the Permission Scheme for:
This means there is no need to modify the security level per epic/issue, and you simply need to assign the epic/issues to whoever you want to see the items.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.