I'm a JIRA Agile Cloud user. I want to be able to link the epic status field to its issue field.
There are 2 potential ways I'd like to do this:
- A user marks the Epic status as 'Done' in the backlog Epic panel. At this point, I'd like the epic's issue status to be changed to 'Done' and for it to be resolved.
- Link the epic status to the status of its child issues. So, if all child issues are 'To Do', the epic is also 'To Do'. If any child issue is changes to 'In Progress', the epic status and epic issue status is changes to 'In Progress'. If all issues are 'Done', the epic and issue status is done and also resolved.
I realise I might need a plugin to achieve either of these but would appreciate ideas on how I can achieve either.
Thanks