We have a 3rd party vendor joining and we only want to give them access to 1 specific project in JIRA. I created a new Group and added that group on the project permissions. I created a test user and ONLY gave him this group as permissions. However when he logs in he still sees all the projects.
Hope someone can help?
Thanks!
Hi Stephen,
You should see what the Browse Project permissions are for the other projects. You might need to remove him from the main users group and ensure the new group has licensed access to Jira.
Let me know if you have any trouble!
Shannon
HI, well I checked and he had JIRA user added, so I removed that and then he couldn't see anything and the JIRA software access box was unticked. I ticked it again and then it put JIRA users back on his profile and he could see all projects again
The problem here is your permission schemes for "all projects" allows "any logged in user" and/or "people who are in the Software access group" see and use the projects.
To "limit" someone to a small range of projects, you need to un-pick that - change the permission schemes so that they only allow people/groups in the right roles into the projects, put the right people/groups in the roles so they still have access.
Then you put your new person in the right role for the project they should see, and don't put them in the roles in any other project.
So if I understand you correctly I would have to turn that 'any logged in user' off in default project permissions and then permission each project individually?
Yikes, that would be quite some effort with 60 projects in our JIRA
JIRA works by GRANTING access. You can't restrict access. By default, it grants access to the group used to logon, which you have found out.
The FIRST thing you need to do to get control is to remove any groups with logon privileges from the permission scheme unless you absolutely want everyone to have that permission.
This may be a big effort, but it will payoff down the road by making it easy to control access.
OK thanks everyone. So I think my first starting point is to remove JIRA users from the global project permissions as they seem to be mentioned everywhere. And if you have JIRA developer role for example you should still be able to access still.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.