Challenge
Make a dashboard that shows the current sprint, or next sprint if there is no active sprint.
- dashboard has direct relationship with a board
- Using Jira Cloud
Purpose
Monitor current or upcoming tasks depending on sprint status in a single view.
What I Have Now
project = "Project Name" AND Sprint in openSprints()
The problem with this is the dashboard is empty when no sprint is in progress.
filter in ("Filter A") AND [...]I am using this technique at the moment for many of my filters.
What I am Trying to Achieve
[if openSprints != null]
Sprint in openSprints()
[else]
Sprint in futureSprint() / futureSprint().[0]
Unfortunately I don't think Jira supports conditional statements natively in search.
What I Have Found
IF statement in JQL Filter
Advanced searching - functions reference
Search JIRA like a boss with JQL
Adding a JQL function to Jira (believe for Jira server only)
Thoughts
Because sprints can't be assigned start and end dates prior to starting a sprint, I'm thinking Jira may not have criteria defined for "next sprint".
I'm open to plugins, and even learning to make JQL functions (though less desirable).
I know for open / future sprints I could have:
- Single dashboard with double the widgets (50% empty if no sprint in progress)
- Two dashboards (one dashboard 100% empty if no sprint in progress)