I import batches of issues frequently from CSV files. I always set the Assignee = the Atlassian user name. But this new change has just gotten in my way:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2018/06/say-goodbye-to-usernames-in-atlassian-cloud
I can no longer see the user names on the Site Admin.
Does anyone know what I set the Assignee field equal to in the CSV? Is it the Full Name? If so, does it have to be in quotes?
Hello @Ericka Samuels,
I've actually just had the same question when importing issues from CSV files. We still can see usernames in the URL: let's say you're looking at your user profile, the URL should be https://yoursitename.atlassian.net/admin/users/view?username=Ericka.Samuels
I've just checked a user created today and he also has username = firstname.lastname, so I guess Atlassian gets the portion of their email address before the "@" character as their username.
Hope this helps,
- Manon
@Manon Soubies-Camy MANY MANY MANY THANKS!!!!
Glad it helped! I'm still checking if we can do it any other way, it doesn't seem very user-friendly to check the URL
Perhaps the Cloud REST API could be useful?
Adding user id in place of username works..
Even if you're importing to a different instance?
Foy my case I had to use the user ID in the csv, as the username was not working. With the userID it was successful. Got the userID from clicking on the user and in the url can see the id like so :
https://test.atlassian.net/jira/software/projects/OO/boards/1/backlog?assignee=6097w3b15d67f200798bcd62
This also works for me. Thanks.
Is there any way to extract in all user ID`s?
Email Id works for me .. And thats easier than user Id I suppose..
User ID is included when you use Export users from User management > Users.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.