I've tried clearing cookies, logging out of all sessions on all machines, logging in using my email address instead of Google, and setting up two-factor auth. Problem still keeps happening.
Hi Irwin, welcome to the Community!
Are you still experiencing this? Can you share more info with us to help us troubleshoot this issue?:
Kind regards!
Ana
@Ana Retamal i have the same problem here, can you help me ?
@Ana Retamal
May I just get a drop of the git repositories hosted on my account? If this isn't possible..I may have to work around this by using the Bitbucket API to discover and clone the repositories..I'm hoping I won't have to do that. Hopefully, I won't face the same problems authenticating against the API.
Hi @irwinbilling
I just checked your email address and I could see it's linked to a Team account. It's been some time already since it's not possible to access Team accounts that way; now every member needs to use their own credentials to access the team they belong to.
If your individual Bitbucket account is not part of the team, you'll need to ask one of the admins to add you. If you don't have an individual team account, you can create it at Bitbucket Sign up. Alternatively, if you want to use the same email address that is currently associated to the team, please let us know as we'll need to do some work on the background first.
Let us know if you need any further assistance!
Kind regards
Hi @Leandro Anjos, I've searched your email address but I couldn't find any Bitbucket account associated to it. Would you mind sharing your username?
Alternatively, you can submit your message using the same Atlassian account that is linked to Bitbucket, so we can have a look at it.
Anyway, before continuing, make sure the account you're trying to log in to is not a team account, in that case you'll need to follow the same steps I added for Irwin.
Hope that helps!
Hi Ana,
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, there is no-one else on the team account. It would be great if we could make the same email address work.
Hi @irwinbilling, I can see there are other users in the team, however, to make things easier, I've created a Support ticket for you so we can help you with this change internally. You should receive an email notification about the Support ticket soon.
Cheers!
Hi @Ana RetamalI'm facing the same problem. It happened after i logged out. What are the instructions to correct it ? (I already opened a support ticket)Thks
I also am having the same issue. I got a blank page and the header keeps flickering "OpenID transaction in progress...." in the loop. Please help!
I have the same problem. I can't login with my team account, and my personal account (which I had to upgrade to an atlassian account) says it's not connected to any team.
How can I resolve the infinite loop issue and access my repositories?
I had the same problem and found a solution:Go to https://id.atlassian.com and log out - then you will be able to login again.
Thanks for sharing this with us, @Martin K_!
Same issue here. Is it possible to delete the account, so I can re-create it from scratch?
Same issue. Atlassian, you have some authentication problems. First, I can't even logout, the following error message appears when I attempt to log out:
We could not determine the authenticity of your request, please try again.
So, I delete all the cookies to log myself out. I have several accounts connected to bitbucket (appveyor/etc) but when trying to login it goes into an infinite loop (after entering my credentials) saying "Open ID transaction in progress". This has happened on appveyor and other sites. Can you please provide a solution or fix this issue.
Same problem here, login attempt infinite loop, probably cookie related.
It would make sense to hire someone to capture your IP/TCP traffic to your web servers and debug and fix this issue.
I'm also experiencing this issue. Safari 12 running on Mac OS Mojave - unable to sign in. When i'm using chrome on the same machine, it works just fine.
Hi Ana, I am also facing an infinite loop problem trying to log into bitbucket. It seems like this is a broader issue? How do we get in? My email address for the account is asevtsuk@alum.mit.edu
Andres
Hi @Ana Retamal are there any plans to fix this? I currently have no access to my repositories on any device except one that happens to be still logged in to the account (and which I'm too afraid to log out on). It appears that once it gets into the infinite loop, it doesn't matter what browser/device/network I use to access Bitbucket, it goes into the loop.
I've tried logging out on id.atlassian.com as suggested above, but it doesn't work (and whenever I return to id.atlassian.com I'm logged in, even though I'm not logged into Bitbucket).
-Matt
I have the same problem, cannot log into my account. Tried 2 browsers, tried clearing cookies.. Would like to be able to clone me repos again.
Same problem. It takes me 10 minutes trying to log in to actualy log in.
Worse, if I try to go to one of my public repositories, I get a blank page.
Press the log in in the bitbucket site a blank page.
This is ridiculous.
Struggling with this as well.
I can't login with Firefox as well. When pressing the 'Log in' button on https://bitbucket.org/product I'm greeted with a blank page with the title 'OpenID transaction in progress', but the page is done loading.
When opening a page on https://community.atlassian.com/ I'm seeing it at first, then there's some kind of reload and I'm being routed to an empty page with title 'POST data'.
This sucks.
I'm not sure what it is that makes this work, but when I login through a link similar to the last one (#3) mentioned here, I get through. I can't share the link because I'm scared of the possibility that my account gets hacked or something.
I haven't tried just leaving it in the loop for more than a minute @1970581, maybe I'll try that tonight. It's not much help for most people, but since I was still authenticated on one computer, I was able to do a bulk import of my projects into GitLab (https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/import/bitbucket.html) which means I'm at least able to access my code again on other devices. In all fairness to Atlassian, it's my personal free account that is broken, so I guess if they want to cut off access, I have no right to complain - I'm not paying for the service.
Hello,
I had this problem and support did not help much.
I understood that I did not have to log in with the old team account. But I could not reach a login window to change login, because of this infinite loop.
I managed to get out of this trap by removing the cache and cookies, not just those from bitbucket.org, but the entire browser cache and all the cookies.
I was then able to access a login window again, to change login.
I suspect that the login process uses other URLs, such as id.atlassian.com. These URLs have their own caches and cookies, which participate in this infinite loop, and they are not affected by the deletion of the cache and cookies on the url bitbucket.org
This issue persists since multiple months.
Is doesn't look like somebody cares, or evens analysis this issue properly. I've migrated all of my repositories from bitbucket to github.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
same issue
same issue...
Could you please fix this?
I have to work with this
Doesn't fix it for me. I continue to have the same issue. This is really embarrassing
Hi,
Same issue here. The main problem seems to be how pages are redirected or POSTed. The way certain things are handled.
If you go to Bitbucket login you'll end up at https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/login/atlassianid/?next=%2F in Firefox and the page will stop here ("OpenID transaction in progress") since the event on the page/body does not fire in the correct order. There's an "onload" event to POST this page and that does not work.
...<body onload="document.forms[0].submit();">...
If you open the debugger console/developer tools (F12 on Windows) and execute the above submit() action you will be transferred to the correct login page.
>> document.forms[0].submit()
There are several pages that works in a similar way and they do not work either so you'll have to manually POST or click() things to happen in Firefox...
@Electra Administrator thanks a lot. it seems this is the only solution that really works now
Indeed, this works. Of course it's far from ideal!
Please fix this, Atlassian.
This did not work for me. I have been locked out of my account for almost 8 months now.
+1 suffering the same issue here too, regardless of computer, browser, incognito or cleared site data - can't do anything!
Sick to death having to deal with this issue every couple of weeks! I'm out! Get me off this platform.
My account seemed to randomly start working after several months, but it's gone again now. I'm unable to log in from any browser, on any computer.
As before, I've done the usual attempts to alleviate the issue - log out via id.atlassian.com, etc. No joy. The actual requests are:
GET https://bitbucket.org/account/signin/Returns a 302 to https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/login/atlassianid/?next=%2F
GET https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/login/atlassianid/?next=%2F Returns a 200 and a HTML page that contains a form with `body onload="document.forms[0].submit();"` to automatically submit the form.
POST https://id.atlassian.com/openid/v2/op Returns a 303 to the following location
GET https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/complete/atlassianid/?janrain_nonce=[lots of open auth query string params here]
Returns a 302 to /account/signin/And we're back at the start. Ah, one thing I've just noticed is that the last request in the above list sets a cookie:```messages="[someguidl]$[[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054[\"__json_message\"\0540\05440\054\"Team accounts can only be accessed via a team member account.\"]\054\"__messagesnotfinished__\"]"; httponly; Path=/; secure```
That is interesting - I did have a team account, about 6 years ago. And bingo! I've just realised I'm trying to log in using the email address of that team account, not the email address of the original account that's a member of the team and which has a different email address. It's all a little confusing since Bitbucket originally used usernames, not emails, for logging in. So for people who are still having the infinite loop with the "OpenID transaction in progress" message, I'd recommend looking at the cookies returned from the GET to `https://bitbucket.org/socialauth/complete/atlassianid`. It seems they may return error messages there, which could explain why the authentication failed.
Facing same issue from last 4 months... please solve it.
Hi,I am facing same issue. So please can you check by my email address.miteshkhat@gmail.com
I think this might be relevant here as well, this is also posted on
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/BitBucket-login-loop-quot-OpenID-transaction-in-progress-quot/qaq-p/872426#U1156402
ok this may not be nothing but a flunk but I followed the link https://bitbucket.org/account/signup/ in a private window then gave my email like if i was entering the email for the first time, it said welcome back and nothing happened then i tried to log in and it went to my dashboard. then i closed the window and tried again on my browser(firefox, non private mode) and it went back to the same behavior(login loop).
but i can enter in private mode no problem.
but no, i cant enter in a non private browser.
addendum, I logged back out and nope. nothing.
addendum, nope, doesnt matter what i do i can not login in a non private mode browser.
addendum, now i cant do that anymore with a private window, seems it was a fluke or something.
addendum now i can log in back with those accounts on a private window of course.
Solved it for me! Thanks
I'm having the same issue, but I can access my account by adding my username at the end of the home URL, like "bitbucket.org/username" an then I can see all my repos and the ones that are shared with me
I had the same issue with Bitbucket server. The problem was because the users in bitbucket were marked as "Unlicensed". See here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/What-does-UNLICENSED-user-mean-in-Bitbucket-Server/ba-p/788968
So check the groups permissions for the users that is not able to log in.
The behaviour may be different with bitbucket cloud. i don't know.
This is so fking stupid. Been unresolved for more than 2 years and for service as critical as login!!!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.