Hi,
I already followed the solution in the link below, but when I share the link to non-confluence user, the user is still being asked to login to Atlassian.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-give-non-confluence-users-access-to-a-space-779166002.html
Del,
In your service desk, under Knowledge base, do you've the first option selected? Please see attached image.
Victor
how do I go to confluence service desk? Thanks!
I don't see service desk -> knowledge base in our confluence. How do I go there? Please advise.
Also, do we need to have service desk? we are using Jira to log tickets only. Is that also the service desk? Sorry, I'm new to Confluence. Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi @Dhelle,
There is similar documentation for the set up of public access for your Confluence cloud instance.
From your previous comments I can only assume you are also using Jira Software but not Jira Service Desk. Is that correct?
Are there any other Atlassian products that you are using?
Hopefully your answers will assist @Victor Mutambuki and myself to discover the source of your issue.
Thanks
Hi Danny,
Thanks for the response. Greatly appreciate it! Yes, we are only using JIra and not Jira service desk. We are only using JIRA to log issues and Confluence for our user guides. I already followed the steps provided in the documentation that you shared but when a non-confluence user tried accessing our wiki page, he was still asked to login. He does not have any confluence account.
Regards,
Del
Thanks for details @Dhelle,
Could you screenshot the space's permissions and Confluence's global permissions set up if possible?
Confluence Administrator Panel > Global Permissions
I just want to confirm both levels of permissions have been set correctly.
sure. here are the screenshots - space and global permissions.
Hello @Dhelle,
Does it work if your Jira users log out from Jira? I think you're impacted by these bugs:
Hope this helps!
- Manon
Hi Manon,
No, it does not work. They need to login first for them to view our wiki page.
I will check the link that you provided.
Thanks so much for your time and help. :-)
Hmm I'm not sure to understand, since they don't have any Confluence license they can't log in to Confluence? So where do they login to view the page?
They don't need to log in to view our confluence wiki page. This is what we are trying to set up. We want public or anonymous users without logging in to confluence to view our online users guide. Here is our user's guide link -> https://sitebook.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SMAUG/overview
We already set-up global and space permissions to allow anonymous users to view our wiki page even if they don't have a login or license. But every time they click the link above, they are still being asked to login.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.