This may be a stupid question, but how can I display the creator field on a screen?
Unfortunately, while this system field is "Navigable", it is not "Orderable". The former makes it possible to see the field in the issue navigator while the latter makes it possible to place it on "screens".
As I understand it, this means that while you can see the field show up in the issue navigator and REST, you cannot get it onto the view issue screen. I suspect that it was just overlooked, but there *could* be some really good reason for this that just doesn't occur to me. My best guess is that this was the simplest way to make sure it couldn't be modified.
I think you should open an improvement request for this.
The documents bellow may clarify to you, how to configure which field will be shown on which screen:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen
Hi Pedro
Thanks for the links, however I know how to configure fields and screens etc.
My question is specifically about the 'Creator' field - I don't seem able to select it to put it onto any of my screens
I used this to get a creator field.
?
Can't see anything
Report info| creator >full name
Sorry Martrice, I don't understand what you have shown me.
Where do I enter that? By itself, that statement doesn't mean anything to me. :-(
If you could explain, it would be much appreciated. :-)
I am sorry for not being clearer. Use the Report Info macro and add creator>full name.
In your template or report the name of the person who created the page or entry will populate
Are you talking about the Report Info macro for Confluence?
I am trying to display the creator field within a screen in JIRA not Confluence
Hi Steve,
JIRA doesn't actually have a Creator field, only the Reporter field, which you may edit at any time if you have the necessary permissions.
If you'd like to have a Creator field to know exactly who created the field, you can try Nic's suggestions here .
Hope this helps.
This is not true. James W. did this as a 20% project and it shipped in JIRA 6.2.
For reference: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4618
Yes Chris, this is the field I would like to display on a screen
@Chris Fuller , So was there an improvement request raised for making the creator field "orderable"? If so, I would like to vote/watch if not I would like to raise one. Point me in the direction. Just saying this is kind of half-assed to add this field as only navigable.
@Susan Hauth: I have created one for you: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43387
Thanks Chris, I have voted for it!
Perhaps this screenshot of some Jira Service desk tickets will help.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Change-the-creator-of-an-issue/qaq-p/760025#M269838
It can be solved as a workaround by SIL script.
Create a custom field Created On with this script:string[] fields = getIssueFields(key);return userFullName(fields["issueCreator"]);
Needs Power Custom Fields plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1210749/power-custom-fields?hosting=server
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.