Bizarre glitch happened when configuring Swimlanes for my project.
The swimlanes were configured correctly, and I had the relevant issues that should appear in those swimlanes. So a swimlane should be showing up and displaying that issue in that swimlane. However it was not. Why?
I had other swimlanes configured using the same JQL formatting etc. that were working correctly. After pulling my hair out for a day, checking status names, editing the formatting, everything - still, the swimlane was not showing up.
A colleague came over and played around with the order of the swimlanes, pushing the swimlane that was not showing up to the top of the kanban board.
This made it appear. I had two other swimlanes with the same problem, but somehow going into board settings, moving the swimlanes to the top, made them appear on the board.
If anyone can explain why this fixed this bug I would very much appreciate it!