I have a basic filter for an agile board that is essential the following... "project = project AND (issuetype = Epic OR CustomField = value) ORDER BY Rank ASC"
This filter pulls in 5 different issue types. I mapped all the statuses to columns and the Columns configuration screen displayed no errors.
I then added a new Status to a workflow that is shared by three of the issue types. I confirmed the new workflow is correct and the three issue types have no problems.
However, now the Columns configuration screen shows the exclamation mark warning icon on most of the statuses with the text that "This status is not available in any of the workflows used by this board". This error is shown on statuses where the issue count is greater than 0 (in addition to statuses where the issue count is actually 0). I have confirmed that all statuses shown on the Columns configuration are in fact used by workflows used by the board.
Below is a screen show of the Columns configuration screen.
To test things, I changed the board filter to only filter for issues in the project and not filter by a custom field and then the errors on the Column configuration screen go away.
I used a custom field in the board filter on another board and don't experience this problem. However, the filter for that board does not have a nested condition like the one I am using on this board that is experiencing the status problem.
So I did another test where I changed the board filter to the following and now I no longer see the warnings: "project = project AND CustomField = value ORDER BY Rank ASC"
All that said, the backlog does show all the issues I expect even though the Columns configuration screen says there are status problems.
Not sure if there is a bug with statuses when using a nested condition on issue types and custom fields.