We have issues that -- once finished -- run through multiple tests which can be separated by type, plattform, and device (see image below).
Currently, this is handled in a Google spread sheet.
The workflow is:
- copy/paste all tickets from Jira to the table
- perform tests and mark the 8 test stages individually from on of four states
- Not tested, does not apply, test passed and test failed
I wonder if this could be covered in Jira.
I was about to try the following:
- Added new fields to type Task:
- iOS - App Type I - Emulator
- iOS - App Type I - Device
- Android - App Type I - Emulator
- Android - App Type I - Device
- iOS - App Type II - Emulator
- and so on
- Each field is created as "single select" with the values
- Not tested, does not apply, test passed, test failed
- I then wanted to create a differenct screen for a test board because I did not want to pollute the normal Edit Issue screen with those 8 fields. Unfortunately it turns out that a different screen for editing a task within one project cannot be done.
- I then wanted to created a board with Swimlanes defined as Queries which would help me to find out if a ticket has passed all 8 tests.
I really don't want to make it a workflow. The workflow is a directed graph and to strict for this. I really can't predict the order those tests will be performed.
Can you guys think of anything suitable to reflect this test sheet? I really would like to have everything in Jira. But currently I don't seem to find anything that useful. Best would be to have the table with test states colored as in the Google spread sheet.
Help is much appreciated.
Best,
A