Hello,I love BitBucket and I'm using it for many repos but page opening or code view are unfortunately loading slowly.I don't think it's from my internet speed or the cache. How are your experiences?Do you see any slowness?Thank you
Hi Emre, welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I haven't experienced any issues with my Bitbucket account and there are no incidents reported in our Status page, are you still experiencing slowness? If you are, please try a different network and different browser (an incognito window will do, too) and if it still loads slowly for you, send us a HAR file so we can help you diagnose the issue, you can find the instructions at Generating HAR files.
Kind regards,
Ana
I can confirm it. Since Years I work with Bitbucket, GitHub and GitLab. Site speed at Bitbucket is always worse than the others.
It has always been slower for me as well. I have just learned to accept it. I was hoping with the new UI they rolled out last year that it would have been better, but unfortunately, not so much.
Likewise, I find it slow, and often down. I've also learned to live with it, but wouldn't necessarily recommend it for this reason.
I also have experienced slowness on Bitbacket. I say Bitbacket web UI is slower than other services especially view transition is terribly slow.
Also confirm that Bitbucket is slower than other services like gitlab or github
Agree here, Good to see the new UI, but getting slower that make me move away to use the UI. Then the new UI feature becomes not useful.
Hope the bitbucket team can keep up the good work.
Hi, I had bitbucket in spanish, I changed it to English and now it's faster.
I can confirm this, too!
This is one of the slowest websites on the web
I am doing a push, its taking me minutes... for a small css change in a new branch.
I can confirm this. Bitbucket is ultra-slow to load pull requests page, slow to update a PR after "Edit". Too slow.
Bitbucket has been even slower than normal recently. Over the last couple of months it's noticeably slower. Too slow be acceptable.
Bitbucket is far slow than GitHub but often I used to find GitHub over cached pages requiring a reload to get the latest data. However Bitbucket speed must be improved. The current slowness is frustrating and breaks any sense of efficient work flow.
Disabling the Ad-block improved the website speed greatly.
As of recently it has been better. 1-2 second page loads instead of 3-5 seconds, like it use to be. Hopefully is stays that way or improves
Most sites that use JavaScript for rendering seem slow, but bitbucket is by far the slowest out of the git providers (gitlab and github). Client-side rendering seems to be the worst trend in web development in the past year, with many websites turned from snappy, to slow, bloated messes full of tracking code and homephoning.
On some days, it's not bad. Today happens to be not so good, even this community page took a couple seconds of blank screen before showing. The repo page as of right now, still loading after waiting for 10 minutes.
I checked my internet speed and it's fine. JIRA on the other hand runs blazing fast for me.
Raise a ticket with Atlassian.
They fixed the slowness of my pull request page. See my post above: "Atlassian fixed this for me"
It's unbearable. 40 Kilobytes/second. That's a bit more than my 1998 modem. Cloning the repo will take almost one working day!!
WOW - BitBucket Team ... so SLOOOOOWWWWWW! I have a very fast internet connection. Other sites very fast,. But BitBucket.org is taking so long that I keep giving up. What the heck is going on? We have a significant corporate account with you. We may need to start thinking about other options if this continues.
I tried to do a Merge. This time I waited. After waiting many minutes it eventually came back with "Failed to fetch" .... what on earth is the problem?
Bitbucket is the worst. I am trying to convince my client to move away from this paid price of bull crap. Very annoying, trying for months now and it takes hours to push an emergency update.
Going on for days now.
$ git pullerror: RPC failed; curl 56 Send failure: Connection was resetfatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
It is still slow! The current slowness is frustrating - this breaks any sense of efficient work flow! Atlassian, whats our target with a saas build environment?
Current log entry:
> ...> Cache "docker": Downloaded 250.9 MiB in 179 seconds> ...
250 MB in 3 Minutes? Do I live in the 21th century? For a !!CACHED!! image? Maybe we have to change the build environment...
Been forced to use bitbucket for two years now, in comparison to using github for the better part of a decade - bitbucket has a LONG way to go to get anywhere close.
Update 01/07/2021:
Over the past week or more, ALL merges take several minutes to complete, once upon a time longer than 10 seconds was weird. Usually negligible and seems dismal but those minutes were important to me and the client when on emergency work at 3am for international clients. I thought it was an intermittent issue but there has been no change on any day no matter the hour
Trust atlassian to call it a feature though: https://bitbucket.status.atlassian.com/incidents/8nbqbyxl2t03
Update 07/07/2021:
Merges still incredibly slow, there has been no noticeable improvement over the past 7 days. I believe it may actually be slower than the last time I updated this post.
Will swap a 4/10 for an explanation or at least an informed response of whether or not this will be the new normal of "how long a merge will take".
Update 21/07/2021:
Now moving several hundred repositories to GitHub.
Update 02/08/2021:
Weeping in agony, showing symptoms of RSI.
Bitbucket: 3/10
Gitlab: 9/10
Github: 10/10
Bitbucket is incredibly slow, by far the slowest git alternative there is. Pages take seconds to refresh and merge requests may take up to minutes (if they don't fail altogether).
All Atlassian frontends suffer from this. The only and best solution is to avoid it completely
I've successfully managed to move my client to github. This is ridiculous for a paid service.
They've posted this blog entry: https://bitbucket.org/blog/encountering-some-turbulence-on-bitbuckets-journey-to-a-new-platform
It acknowledges merges are slower than they used to be, but their solution appears to be updating the UI to make it clear what is happening rather than making it faster...
We have managed to hold on for 2 consecutive years of slowness, but this cannot continue, we'll have to move to github or any serious repo provider... That's not cool! Why does Atlassian not react? Anybody here?
I've used Atlassian products for years now (BitBucket, Jira, Confluence) and this has always been an issue. It has gotten increasingly bad over the last years, every time they introduce a new UI it gets slower and more sluggish, to the point where it now takes 5-10 seconds to load a single issue. It's a terrible practice for a toolbox designed to optimize workflow.
I wouldn't hold my breath.
I reused bitbucket yesterday and this morning, and I'm surprised of the slowness for each action. And when it's not slow, I get error message like "Something went wrong Wait a few moments, then try again." This is not professional...
It's terrible now! Merges and syncs take forever and the interface fails to properly reload the page.
I've switched to merging local and pushing it up. Even though that's annoying and slow it is still far far faster.
Performance has degraded terribly over the past 6 months and a fancy banner saying come back later isn't going to fix it.
Slow on all my repos and it doesn't matter the size of the PR. I get that merges can happen in the background, but that really interrupts your workflow when you're waiting on the merge to complete before going onto another task. E.g. we might really need that approved PR merged into develop before starting the next feature branch.
PR diff has been broken for ages. Okay, as a reviewer we all want smaller PRs, but Bitbucket should be able to handle PRs of any size. Recently we made wholesale changes to our apps package which touched 90% of our files. We ended up merging locally, reviewing the changes and then approving though bit bucket. We've lost confidence in the PR system with empty Diffs and files not appearing.
Seems GitHub or a local server is looking like a better solution.
It literally took 8 minutes on the clock to merge a tiny 2 file pr. This is really not conducive to an efficient workflow. I understand that it's more efficient for Bitbucket to have things in a queue and have workers take care of things one at a time, but this system of queuing things up for eventual processing really only makes sense for non-time-sensitive tasks. Merging PRs can many times be very time sensitive and should not be relegated to a background task that will happen eventually. Can something please be done to fix this?
That's ridiculous... 3 min to fetch the remote branch and I'm still waiting since 6-7 min to get my push (2 tiny commits) completed. Not to mention occasional bugs in Bamboo when it comes to deployment....
Sorry but if this doesn't change reasonably soon I'll convince my company to switch to some other alternative...
This is where the problem of virtualization seems to me.Resources are shared and simply missing.I have bitbucket and jira on my own server: ssd and 16gb ram and it's very fast.Unfortunately, people are starting to move away from increasingly slower products
Crappy slow. I'm forced to use Bitbucket by my company. Otherwise I would have switched to Github long ago.
It takes forever to load pages, to show pipelines, to merge. I have 300mb/s fiber. I'm definitively not the problem.
Athlassian, do something! This is becoming a curse!
I’m finding Bitbucket super slow compared to GitHub, e.g. overnight for a multi megabyte file! Has anyone ever found a solution? Guessing not, looking at this thread!
this is how I fix the slow pull problem from bitbucket on centos server:
first step:
vi /etc/hosts and add:
# fix git pull bitbucket project failed
18.205.93.0 bitbucket.org
151.101.1.194 bitbucket.global.ssl.fastly.net
* ip address are from [ https://www.ipaddress.com/site/bitbucket.org ] and [ https://www.ipaddress.com/site/bitbucket.global.ssl.fastly.net ]
Second step:
service nscd restart
now pull is fast!
I am currently in US so push fast on my laptop, but pull is slow in my centos server that is not in US. If your situation is similar to mine, you might find this solution helpful too.
Hope this helps someone
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.