I have followed the guide for creation of service desk tickets by email, but the email is not triggering a ticket
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/receiving-requests-by-email-747602718.html
I am using the standard cloud email address and have created a specific request type for this purpose. The request type is hidden from the portal.
Since I am using the standard email, I expect the POP and IMAP settings are obsolete. What am I missing here?How can I debug it and have my tickets created automatically?
Hi Maja,
There's a bit here on how to debug:
If you can go to test it and see what error messages occurred, we can help figure out why they're not creating issues.Let me know if you have any trouble.
Regards,
Shannon
Thank you Shannon
I see that it's not properly set up, in this view. Can you redirect me to where I can set it up/change? There's no edit or create function in this view. As mentioned, I have created it as per the link in intial post
This is where I have set it up
I've had a look at your instance, and it appears the request type you chose is invalid.
I tried to go into the request type to see if it has the Summary and Description fields as required, but I got this message:
You can't edit the request type because the issue type it's based on was removed. To restore the request type, add back its associated issue type in this project's issue type scheme.
What issue type was this based on? It appears that something was removed causing it not to work properly.
Hi Shannon,
OK, got that part resolved. Just tried to send a test email and it's still not going through.
Theres's no "TEST" CTA in this view
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.