It looks like the editor for blogs was just updated - when I upload an image, I don't see an option to resize it, so images are coming out way too big. Is there a way to do this within Confluence? Or will I have to manually resize them first now?
Hi @[deleted],
Explicit image sizing has changed as part of the new Confluence Editing Improvements
Clicking the image will bring up the context menu and allow you to select how you can align your image within the text. This also allows for better word wrap / text alignment.
Chris
Thanks Chris. Unfortunately this means an important piece of functionality has been removed. We often upload mockups as part of our internal product blog, which means they almost always need to be resized manually to fit well. Looks like no we will have to resize them manually ourselves before uploading, which takes extra time. It would be great to see manual resizing added back in.
Hi @cmac,
I have to agree with @[deleted]that not being able to (re)size an image in a blog post means I have to go back and edit the size iteratively until I get it right. I tend to capture an image so that I don't have to worry about pixelation, which means I usually have an image too large for the spot. And I did try the context menu you mentioned, but this did not make the image fit - it is still far too large to be useful.
I hope you take this feedback back to your developers and bring back the option to manually resize an image.
Cheers,
Paul
Is there a timeline as to when an image sizing feature will be built back into the product? Thanks!
Best,
Doug
@cmac, any update on the JAC ticket assigned to the re-introduction of resize on images for blog posts?
Hi @Paul Greig, we're currently testing the image sizing solution - it's looking great! We're hoping to be able to start rollout in the next 2 weeks assuming we don't see any bugs in internal testing.
Hi @cmac I am looking forward to the new editor improvements! Can you share the JAC ticket # so I can follow the progress please?
@cmac Any update on this? Still seems to be an issue currently.
@cmac How can you remove such a basic feature like resizing images???
Is there any update on putting back in the image resizing feature. 10th January 2020 and I am still suffering from images defaulting to their original size, whereas the ability to set the pixel width in the old Editor was a perfect solution.
Hi Nick / Sorin,
The ability to resize images was changed to allow sizing via a snap grid system for easy, quick, and predictable resizing. There is also the ability to align and wrap the image according to your page layout. You'll notice the size bars when you select / hover over an image and the context menu when you select the image. Once you drop an a new image into a page, you should be able to simple click and drag the side bar next to the image to scale the image as required.
See additional conversation for details from the Confluence Product Management team. If you are not seeing this new experience, then please provide more details and we can investigate further.
Thank you for the canned response. You are clearly either ignoring all the feedback [or] need to turn over this feed to a different Product Owner. you clearly do not understand the issue.
The link you provided is FILLED with complaints about this. It's almost laughable as if you're playing a mean old joke on all the users. Did you read the comments from the link you just shared
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-67554?focusedCommentId=2299594&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel
Read the comments.
The ability to resize imaged "DID NOT CHANGE", it was REMOVED.
How many of these canned responses can you provide before acknowledging this is a real issues that many users are encountering.
I can provided you a dozen of examples how the images look like thrash, just tell me where i can privately share the links with you.
@cmac There is literally not a single positive comment on the solution link you provided. Please unmarked this thread as "Solved" as it clearly still an issue for hundreds of users.
[Content removed]
@Sorin Bica I unmarked the thread as solved (I agree this could be confusing) and I believe the product team will be following up to get more information from the impacted users.
Note that I also did remove some content that was worded as a personal attack, which is against our community guidelines. Please be mindful of this going forward. Thanks.
I would like to see this fixed as well.
The old picture tool was great, you could select one of three default sizes or type in your own size for the image.With the latest changes, the development team has removed functionality.
Now my confluence pages look bad and the team members I share these pages with are not happy on having to do extra scrolling to get around a HUGE image.
This has now become less collaborative.
When will they follow up?
@cmac what he said ☝️
After reading this post, I am guessing this will never get fixed.https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Switch-to-old-Editor-possible/qaq-p/1104580
Nope... my developers now loathe looking at the documentation on larger monitors, which they all have.
There's one confluence page where i have the screenshot of a mobile device layout, you literally have to scroll 3 times and the image is pixelated because of this "new" feature.
Three thumbs down: 👎👎👎
I'm not sure what's worst... the issue on this thread, or this gem that took almost a year to fix: How to add a sub-task in the next-gen project type (Agility)
The Atlassian team does a lot of good work, it's just mind-boggling why some of these basic things, that could probably be fixed in weeks, if not days (i mean how hard is it too also hard a resize component here?)
I can no longer resize images in how-to pages either. Please fix.
Welcome to the party... you must have not used Confluence for a while because it’s been almost two years since they killed this basic feature. And they refuse to fix it @cmac
@Monique vdB when will they follow up? It’s been two weeks now...
Yup, use to be good, now it is not.
Is there a viable alternative to Confluence? on the one hand that you can no longer scale the images and that you can not cleverly export to Word (images are not exported with) annoys me slowly. Then there is the sometimes poor performance of the cloud
Adding to this thread -- please fix this! It's horrendous, and way more time consuming to have to resize before uploading? I, too, would appreciate an improvement to this issue!
I'm sorry, but I don't buy the argument that the Atlassian team does good work when its been at least six months since anybody replied to this thread and it still isn't resolved AND they're marking this complete because they think the locking-images-to-grids thing is a good thing. Good teams don't do garbage work like this.
Just found this thread and it's still a problem.
Welcome to the "big pot of disaster" that is image resizing in Confluence.
On June 24 2021 I uploaded an image and I was able to resize it while the page was in edit mode. I was a click and drag process but it was better than was we had for the last couple of years.Progress!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.