All,
Is anyone out there available and agreeable to collaborate for the setup of Jira & Confluence on AWS Amazon Web Services?
We're absolutely new to Atlassian with zero prior experience. We have the prerequisite knowledge of AWS and EC2. Also have enough Linux experience to perform simple tasks. Need mentoring to step through the installation of Jira & Confluence on Linux, slowly, explain every step. I've searched for documentation for more than a month, but there's little to nothing available that makes sense. Perhaps the information is there somewhere, but it's not intelligible unless I study for another year and become a Linux system administrator.
I hope to discover enough about Confluence and Jira to create two configurations:
(1) Configure stand-alone, single AWS EC2 instances for each product, Jira & Confluence.
(2) Configure stand-alone, single AWS EC2 instances for each product, Jira & Confluence, but use AWS RDS managed databases.
Our requirements are minimal. Would like to use Confluence & Jira for several small teams where each team has up to 10 users. Each team will get their own pair of Jira & Confluence EC2 servers. No, we don't want Atlassian Cloud.
Can anyone spend an hour to help? After that past 4 weeks of totally frustrating research, I will document whatever we discover and make it public to help alleviate the anguish of the next person who comes along. Thank you very much!