I'm trying to use the REST API to list all users from a group and if I'm logged in as an administrator I can use this endpoint and it lists the info that I want:
/rest/api/2/group?groupname=my-group-name&expand=users
However if I try to use this endpoint as a user that only has the "Browse Users" permission I get an authorization error:
{"errorMessages":["You are not authorized to perform this action. Administrator privileges are required."],"errors":{}}
Based on the documentation it seems like that permission should be all that I need but I must be missing something:
Browse Users
Ability to select a user or group from a popup window as well as the ability to use the 'share' issues feature. Users with this permission will also be able to see names of all users and groups in the system.
My question is: Should I be using a different endpoint to list this information? Is the only way to list this info giving administrator access to the rest API user ? Any other ideas I can try?
Thanks in advanced,
Abe