Recently any time a page is edited, there is a popup suggesting you share the page with others. This is annoying and irrelevant, but has seemingly no way to disable this useless nag.
Where does one go to disable this nag popup?
Hi Fred,
I am not seeing a share dialog pop-up when I publish a page on my Cloud test instance but I noticed if I push the s key after publishing, the pop-up does appear. Is there any way you are pressing the s key as part of your workflow?
Thanks,
Ann
Not pressing the s key. Clicking on the publish button at the bottom, and when the page refreshes to the non-edit page, there it is in the upper right corner. It seems that after you edit the page 3-4 times, it quits trying, as I edited the page again, and got the popup, then edited it again, and no popup the last time.
So at least it goes away, although it would be better if Confluence didn't think it knows what I want to do better than I do.
Just to make sure we are on the same page, after I publish a new page I see the blue share link:
Then only if I push the s key, I see:
Are you seeing the second image when you don't push the s key? Or do you object to the blue button?
Correct, the share page popup appears without any action other than pressing the publish button on the page before it automatically refreshes to the normal reading page. It does this the first few times the page is edited, then will quit appearing. This just started in the last week, so I figured it was another "improvement" to have to deal with.
I agree, sharing of content should be decided by the author, especially in high secure environments. This can cause unintended responses and or can distract a developer or technical writer from staying ontrack in an efficient manner.
The author can then publish when they are ready. The new technology era we are in with social networking has gone too far and has some content should shot be openly shared to the world.
Please keep the simple functionality we have experienced with JIRA/Confluence and the Atlassian suite common framework!
It has helped me keep highly organized and normalized as a positive result.
Thank you!
Quick update - The pop-ups stopped for @Fred Rush shortly after the support request was opened. Fred, you may reopen the support ticket if the pop-ups return.
Anyone else with a cloud instance who wants to work with support on this issue can open a ticket at: https://support.atlassian.com/contact
This is precisely why I hate using confluence. The cause of the error is not located, but because for now the problem disappeared, it's not a problem. It is a problem without a solution.
I guess the best way to phrase the request: I want to permanently and globally block all popups generated by confluence that I didn't explicitly click something to cause. That means all the nags, suggestions, and anything similar that gets dreamed up and foisted on users can be blocked, without ever having to see the new unneeded and unwanted invention even 1 time.
Same issue... same request to globally turn off all the nagging popups by default. They're annoying and disruptive. They are NOT helpful.
Hi, Fred (and all the Confluence users in this thread).
While introducing new features for Confluence Cloud, this is one of them in which we did to optimize the share rate. If you click on "Okay, got it", the share dialogue will no longer appear on publish for your user, which should be the reason for Fred not seeing it anymore.
According to the results and also, feedbacks from our users (like this one), we will decide how the feature will work/be disabled so it can impact in a positive way.
Hope it helps you in terms of clarification, folks!
Cheers, Giuliano de CamposAtlassian Team
Well I'm resurrecting an old thread but google brought me here, so..
I'm experiencing a related and very annoying issue where the Edit button in the top right of the page is always highlighted with a colored band around it, and if I move the mouse anywhere near it, refresh the page, or even just switch to the browser tab from another, a popup comes telling me (again) that I can use this button to edit. (Latest Firefox, Mac.)
THIS IS A BUG. I'm not talking about it showing up the first time, I get that you want to help onboard users. But doing this every time is clearly a bug. If there's any console logging or similar that could help you fix it, please just ask.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.