I want the field configuration of a project. Like I want to know which field is required in a particular project while creating an issue and I want to get this information using Jira-python api. Is there a way to do it.
From the docs
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/#getting-metadata-for-creating-issues-examples
To create an issue in JIRA, you first need to specify a project and issue type. These together are referred to in JIRA as an issue context and are used to find the JIRA schemes that control what fields are available for an issue, what the default values are and what fields are mandatory.
Using the createmeta resource we can discover the project and issue types.
For rest call using python you can use this
https://jira.readthedocs.io/en/master/
Thanks a lot. Solution provided by you works.
That's great to hear @Tejvir Saggu , could you please accept the answer so that others are helped as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.