I am attempting to piece together how I can use the JIRA CLI with an API token instead of a password.
The example provided in the documentation is this
java -jar `dirname $0`/lib/jira-cli-7.8.0.jar --server https://my.example.com
I've attempted to modify it to match curl examples provided [here](https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-get-an-authorization-API/qaq-p/818421) and on the API tokens documentation ([here](https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html))
java -jar `dirname $0`/lib/jira-cli-7.8.0.jar --server https://my.example.com
However, this doesn't work. When I run
./jira.sh --action getServerInfo --outputFormat 2
I get:
This function requires a non-blank value for parameter password.
Moving the token to the password parameter doesn't work either:
java -jar `dirname $0`/lib/jira-cli-7.8.0.jar --server https://my.example.com
Then rerunning:
./jira.sh --action getServerInfo --outputFormat 2
Remote error: User is not authorized to perform the request. Response code: 401.
I am an admin and should have fun access.
Question: How do I properly pass an API token to the jira CLI?
Bonus, in case I missed a permission: How do I grant a user access to utilize the API?