I have some documents in my Google Docs that I would like to transfer to Confluence.My document makes heavy use of highlighting text in color to differentiate certain contextual elements in the document.How do I highlight text with color in confluence?
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/New-feature-Text-highlighting-in-Confluence/ba-p/2728045
The above article has the how-to on text highlighting in Confluence
Hi @Cobin Bluth,
Try this plug-in:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211012/webfonts-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview
Hello Cobin and welcome to Community!
There is an open feature request: Provide ability to easily highlight text with color in WYSIWYG editor, you can vote for it to show interest and watch it to be updated.
You can use macros as a workaround:
You'll get this as a result:
Hope this helps,
- Manon
how do you make the status box that big? Mine is only a few character wide, and after that it shows "..."
Hello @Laura Servidei,
The status box is small and ends with "..." while in Edit mode, publish the page and it should be bigger
DOH!
Thanks.
not really an answer. more of an add-on. i really want to highlight text inline from my page, not put it in its own box. i need to identify code to be changed vs. code that is good. maybe i'm just stuck in an old version of confluence?
Looked promising, but is only available for server, which is no longer sold.
It's disappointing that text formatting options are so limited on Confluence.
Use the span macro to set the style.
Where do we get that?
I still don't see any options for highlighting text easily. What are your plans in this regard?
I can't find it either...
Ridiculously limited
One workaround available is to insert a simple, 1-cell table (by typing /table) and choosing from one of the available palette colors for the background of the cell:
Result
If you figure this out please share it.
Text Highlighter for Confluence | Atlassian Marketplace
Try this plugin
As always: what I expect as a Wiki default must be bought
I don't see a "span" macro
Hello,
I used the 'Highlight' Macro:
or the 'Background color' Macro. This one highlights the whole row, though ^^'.
Where did you find a "highlight" macro? Did you purchase an add-on macro? Are you using Confluence Cloud?
Hi there,
Using Mosaic for Confluence it is easy to highlight text using a background macro.
Also, for background, add-on users can upload pictures to improve the Confluence page design.
This app is developed by my Adaptavist team, so if someone has any questions - I'm happy to help.
Yellow highlighting is typically used to indicate 'work to do' in a document. I achieve this by commenting on the text, which highlights it in yellow and add a comment in 'to do'. Using comments for highlights in this way has the added benefit of providing you with a list of you highlighted test on a page. Here's an example:
That's a perfect solution for me, thanks for this tip/workaround.
Brilliant!
This is the most basic function for documentation, how are you worth billions of dollars and not able to implement this
2024 and confluence still cannot highlight text background.... unbelievable....
To highlight text with color in Confluence, you can use the Text Color plugin. It allows you to select and apply various colors to your text, enhancing readability and Gta 4 visual appeal. Simply install the plugin from the Confluence Marketplace and follow the instructions for highlighting text.
"Gta 4" -> h....://cracksofshah.com/ obviously no serious content...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.