I am using Confluence on-demand. I attached an Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx) and displayed its contents using the Office Excel macro. My understanding is that I should now be able to edit this document by clicking the 'Edit Document' link. I am having problems getting this to work and would really appreciate some advice.
I am on a Mac (10.6.8) using Firefox. I configured the plugin as outlined in the documentation. If I specify Excel as the application to handle .xlsx files, clicking 'Edit Document' launches Excel but opens an empty file. Is that the expected behavior? I tried specifying OpenOffice as the appropriate application. In this case I have to authenticate, but the spreadsheet actually opens in OpenOffice. Progress? However, I do not see how to save it back to confluence, which is what my reading of the documentation led me to believe I would be able to do.
Am I doing something wrong, or expecting too much? Thanks for any help,
Luke