Hi, I have following configuration problem.
Configuration:
Goal:
Problem Description:
Questions:
Thanks for support.
Hi @Tomasz Kołodziejczyk, you have basically two options to solve this (really depends on your preference):
1) Store initiatives in your projects, but filter them out from the board - basically what you were already thinking about, the only missing piece is that if you filter them out from the boards, you can add an additional Filter source to your Portfolio plan to include them there, so basically your Portfolio plan would have 4 sources, the 3 boards, and 1 custom filter, filtering for only the Initiative issue type from the 3 projects. Portfolio merges all sources together so you'll get exactly what you need. Benefit is that the initiatives are in your projects, you don't need an extra project.
2) Create a separate project to manage your initiatives and add that project as an additional source. Several users prefer this as it does not require to modify existing board queries, and also doesn't require the issue type to be added to those existing projects. also, you could use this extra project to manage a backlog of your initiatives, for example if they go through a particular workflow like business approval, high-level design etc. before being ready to plan in Portfolio. The downside is that you have an extra project to manage and keep up to date.
Hope this helps!
-Martin
@Martin Suntinger
Thanks for quick and helpful answers.
I missed that we have possibility to use filter in Live Plan as additional source.
I will play with the first solution and check if it is suitable for us.
One more time thanks for support!
I basically understand this solution. Seems quite simple. But how will I get to manage the hierarchy in Portfolio 2.0 as requested?
I was able to figure this out. In Admin - AddOns there is a Portfolio Hierarchy Setting, where you can add a level and assign the issue type to it.
After that it works quite as expected.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.