I want to get all user along with their permissions from jira software and confluence using java rest api call.I have found some api call to get all user but they are not returning any permissions related to user.thanks in advance.
Hi @Manikanta Vegireddy,
I have found some similar questions with workarounds, I am not sure if this can be done solely by the REST API.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-get-a-list-of-permissions-granted-to-users-and-or-groups-assigned-to-project-roles-790630266.html
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/I-was-wondering-how-to-query-the-database-to-get-a-listing-of/qaq-p/437750
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/SQL-Query-to-show-all-users-with-Use-Confluence-permission/qaq-p/332404
Also, JIRA and Confluence have different permission hierarchies; Confluence does not use Project Roles whereas JIRA does, both Applications using direct permission assignments and groups. Be wary of this.
Hope this helps
@[deleted]thanks for your reply
I already gone through the above mentioned links that describes about query the database that will helpful for on-premise.
but here we are using jira/confluence on cloud.if is there any rest api or java rest client api it would be helpful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.