I've seen this question asked in the past but no answer that suits what we are looking for.
While we have effectively been using JIRA to deliver projects at our organization at the team level, we would like to expand on the way it is being used to include shared services (Cyber Security, Data Integration, etc.) These teams are matrixed and could be assisting multiple projects at one time. Work can be coming to them from dozens of places. In order to prioritize their work and track the status on both projects, I was wondering if there was a query or plug-in that could take cards from any project to put into this consolidated shared service board. For example, maybe the project team that had a task for security could create a "Shared Service-Security" label and a query could make any stories on all projects with that label viewable in a background.
As far as rolling up cards from multiple projects to one, I know the following techniques:
- Create a board with the entire backlog from Project A, B, C and so on rolling up into one
- Moving issues from one project to another manually (can only update the status in one place)
- Cloning issues and putting them in multiple projects (to keep the status updated in two places)
I know a lot of these a more manual in nature or are limited to moving over entire backlogs. What I am looking for is consolidating maybe 3 stories from ANY project into one backlog. Even if there isn't a technical solution in the software or a plug-in, has anyone done something similar at this level with any success. We would just like to figure out a way for these matrixed team to work agile and out of a backlog