Hi, I'm in the process of importing a Bitbucket issue tracker to a Jira Software project (all of this is cloud), and so I'm looking for a way of making the old issue references in my Bitbucket commit messages (ie things of the form issue #33) point to the imported issues in the Jira Software project (eg to issue FOO-33).
What I've done to achieve this is in Settings | Links in my Bitbucket repo I've added a custom link which matches on \#(\d+) and redirects to https://foocorp.atlassian.net/browse/FOO-\1.
Now this mostly works, but when I click the link it takes me from the Bitbucket page to the page for the Jira issue. However what I'd really like is for it to work the way it does when I click on a Jira issue key in a commit message (ie when using the provided Jira Software/Bitbucket integration), and have a summary of this issue pop up in modal box, but when I try to do this by copying and modifying the link destination Bitbucket inserts for a Jira link (as opposed to a custom link) I end up with an error page complaining about a missing JWT).
Is there a way to get the nice modal box behaviour for my custom link, or does it depend on some internal Bitbucket magic that is only invoked by a Jira link?
Thanks for your help!
Michael