Is it possible to add a brief text to a specific word in text, so if it will be clicked some short, one-line explanation will be prompt? For example, if I use acronym in my text, I want to make it clickable, and provide its explanation
The Adaptavist Footnote macro does this, sort of. Add a footnote, which will display a footnote number. When the user clicks the footnote number the contents of the footnote macro are displayed. You can also display the footnote contents at the bottom of the page, but that's optional.
Adaptavist also has a Tooltip macro that does something even closer without the footnote number showing, but it is much more complicated to use.
Thanks Jessica! It looks like the Adaptavist Footnote macro is not part of the basic Confluence package so I have to install it from somewhere right?
Yes, it is a paid add-on. But completely worth the relatively small cost:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/247/content-formatting-for-confluence?hosting=server&tab=overview
is where you can take a look.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.