I read the question in two different ways. The second one was what Aleks has covered.
The first was "I created a page with template X, I should have used template Y, can I convert?". To which the answer is "no" - a template in Confluence is literally a template. When you create something from it, you get a page with preset stuff on it for you to edit. The template has nothing to do with the page after that initial population. There's no link between them, and changing a template has no effect on existing pages.
Hi,If you would like to convert an existing page to a template, you can copy the content from the page and paste it into the template editor. There is no automated way of doing this.
Here is what you need: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf54/confluence-user-s-guide/creating-content/working-with-templates/adding-a-template
Thanks very much for your response. I was hoping there would be some automated method of retroactively applying templates. This means that a template must be designed and approved 100% before it can be used.
Thanks for your response. I better be sure my template is final before I start to create content.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.