Although creative, I doubt that this is the best idea ever. I don't think this is possible and - even if it were - you would run into so many problems that I'd recommend other solutions:
If your goal is to incentivise logging work, make sure you make this visible. For team leads to be able to follow up team members' timesheets, for team members themselves just to see the status of their timesheets (potentially compared to their team members'). Project the team timesheets on a big tv, take a minute or so to ask people if they have completed yesterday's timesheet, ...
There's a lot of ways you can do this, using JQL filters or using timesheet add-ons like Tempo Timesheets.
I completely agree with Walter here, this would cause you all sorts of problems and really annoy your users. Inform them, don't beat them up.
I wanted to add the technical point too - you would need to write code, to do this. I don't think you could even do it in an add-on, I suspect you've have to hack the core of the permissions system.That also means it's completely impossible to do on Cloud, as you can't touch the code.
Thanks for the answer! We were thinking about writing code, but now I see that we would only able to do it if we had JIRA on our server and not on cloud.
Thanks for the answer!
Apart from making it visible. Is there any other way to prompt the users to log their hours for the day before in the morning?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.